Just wanted to write down some thoughts. It is SNOWING again! I'm so mad because I wanted conference weekend to be so pretty and nice outside. Plus, I planned my PE lessons to be outside this week, and guess what...it's rainy/wet/cold/ and snowy! Oh well, right? This weekend we are going up to Richmond with Spencer's family to watch conference. I'm excited because this is a tradition for them every 6 months. Spencer and I went up to Richmond a few weeks ago to see his grandparents; just the two of us. It was a blast!
I have spring break starting on FRIDAY! It will be 10 days of not teaching or coming to school. It will be a nice break for me :) I already have a LIST of things I want to get done, but I'm sure I'll be relaxing a lot...probably too much. Anyway, I'm just excited to have a break, PLUS! the weather is supposed to be better next week. I was able to see my old roommate and good buddy this week, Gaylene. She and I were roommates for a year in college and we were really close. She moved to BYU Idaho and graduated there then she went on a mission to Pennsylvania! She got back last fall and this was the second time I saw her. She looks so great and has a new boyfriend! We are all excited for her. It is fun to get together with old roommates like Chelsea, Cami, and Mary. They are my best buds!
Does anyone have advice of a job I could find this summer for only 3 months? Oh the joys of being a non-salary teacher who has to also work in the summer. I'm thinking of a few things. Numero uno: going back to waitressing...blah!!!! numero dos: working as a nanny :) numero tres: working in an office or something like that...blah! I guess I should start searching since my job will end in two months. However, they DID ask me to come back next year for sure! I'm super excited :) I will continue to look for a FULL TIME teaching job, but if nothing works out then I'll for sure have a job here in Provo. And I love my job so either way I will be ok!
The St. George Marathon opened up today. It is $80 to register! How dumb! I should go run my own marathon for free. But then I wouldn't get a t-shirt and picta's and things like that. I really hope we make it into the lottery! We have a few fun things planned in April. #1 a camping trip with our dinner club friends. #2 we're thinking about throwing a baby shower/girl's night for my friend Cami. She doesn' t know this yet though! So I'm so excited for spring break...or should I call it winter break????
You could check out some temp agencies for the summer. Sometimes it's hard because they can't guarantee that they'll always have something available and you have to be on top of it and checking every morning when they open to get first pick of jobs, but sometimes it works out perfectly where you get in somewhere that a girl is going on maternity leave for something and you have a job for 2 months. Just call them and find out their policies.
ReplyDeleteI meant "going on maternity leave OR something" not "FOR something." :) I know what she would be going on maternity leave for. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's almost 80 degrees and sunny here!! Mwuahahaha! That is one thing I do NOT miss about Utah. You however, ARE! (one thing I miss about Utah)
ReplyDeleteJulie! Yeah for spring break! I'm starting a freezer jam business. I might need some help with it this summer, so maybe you could work for me? The only problem is I probably won't know if I need someone until May or June or even July. If you still haven't found anything, let me know, or I'll let you know if I do need your lovely assistance!
ReplyDelete