A couple weeks ago we went to a bridal shower for Spencer's cousin, and afterwards had a few hours to kill before we picked up our good friend Katelyn from the airport. So we decided to head to the Kennecott Copper Mine and check it out for the first time (for me). This was in Spencer's backyard pretty much growing up and he had been on a ton of field trips here. When we were dating we went on a bike ride up to the top of a mountain and could see the copper mine from our vantage point. This was the first time I had been to the visitors center and seen it up close and personal.
1/4 of all the copper in the world is mined here each year. Pretty impressive! We also learned what gold, silver, and bronze medals are made of. Mostly silver and copper.
1/4 of all the copper in the world is mined here each year. Pretty impressive! We also learned what gold, silver, and bronze medals are made of. Mostly silver and copper.
At the overlook
Our attempt at a family photo
A stranger's attempt. He wins. Nice hair Julie!
We went inside the visitor's center and watched a video about how they mine the copper and produce it. It is incredible!
Here we are nearly 4 years ago. Best bike ride ever! So steep!
Then and now
And here are some random photos of Auters and the parents.
We just love her to death!
Autumn after a bath. Pretty blue eyes! Her reaction to the water is still the same. Straight face, can't tell if she likes it or hates it. I assume she is fine since she never cries in her bath.
She has been roaming around in a diaper with no clothes since our apartment is so very hot this summer. We are trying to save money on our power bill, thus the nakedness. Naked babies are cute though! Don't worry, Spencer and I plan to keep the clothes on lol.
Thanks to Katelyn, we had a daddy daughter picture taken. Katelyn stayed the night and had dinner, breakfast, and went to church with us. We had an Olympic dinner party. Spencer made gourmet chef salad and bought us delicious drinks. Katelyn went to the store and got us ice cream. It was so good! Spencer amazes me with his cooking. This morning I asked if he would make us breakfast since I was giving Autumn a bath. I come out after I got ready and he had made the most delicious looking omelet ever! He really has a talent for making good looking food, and making good looking food taste good.
We sure will miss Katelyn and Trevor in Georgia for the next three years! It is crazy how time can pass by so quickly. Within a blink of an eye our closest friends have all moved away. I know I need to make new friends, but it is hard when you spend years developing friendships and then suddenly they are physically not around anymore. I know I will always stay close friends with them, but it makes it more difficult with distance.
I often find Autumn on her tummy now! She is such a stinker.
Here is a video of Autumn laughing for the very first time! Her laugh is so cute!
Her "Mom I want out of my car seat face." I try and take her on walks in the mornings when it is time for her to nap. It is so much easier getting her to sleep when we are out and about. Last week we walked to Ross, Hobby Lobby, the library, Walgreens, Good Earth, and it felt great! I love exercising with my baby. Plus, I get errands done at the same time! Each morning when Autumn wakes up (she usually is up first) I pick her up out of her bassinet and feed her. Then we play and talk for about 30 minutes on the bed before I get her up and dressed. I absolutely cherish these moments. I will be returning to work again soon and I know my long, fun playful mornings will become farther in between. She is so smiley and happy and I fall deeper in love with her. I hope she loves me too!
On Monday, Andrew and Chelsea came by for a quick visit. Andrew is learning how to give kisses. Look at his precious face!
Chelsea, don't hate me! I just think it is cute the way Autumn is looking at you!
We were a little late for church today so we spent some time in the overflow. It worked out great because Autumn was fussy and I got some cute pictures of her and her daddy! Spencer is so good with her at church. If she is fussy he'll be the first one to take her out. He is serving as assistant scout master and does such a great job with the young men. I married a great one!
I can't believe Autumn is almost 4 months. Her 4 month appointment is THIS week!!! Stop growing, ok? You keep getting cuter, but I'm going to miss your little body! Tiny toes, fingers, belly, mouth, drool, everything! I can't get over how cute each stage is. So much more to look forward to in the next year. I need to get some professional pics of this girl before she starts crawling!
She's thinking
"Mom, I love you!"
I love you too Autumn, more than you could ever even imagine!

I just love reading your blog and seeing all your pictures!! Where are you going to be working at?
ReplyDelete