Pages

Sunday, August 12

Visit from my Aunties

Here is a big shout out to my two wonderful aunts,  Sandy and Natalie. They have always been such a big part of my life since there are only 5 grand kids in the family. We got a lot of attention (and lots of presents) during the holidays growing up. When my family was struggling during hard times they were always there to lend a helping hand whether it was physically helping out or emotional support, we could always count on them. I feel so lucky to have been born into such a loving and fun family. Holidays are always LOUD and ENTERTAINING and it is hard to get a word in edge wise with the Kimball girls around. 

My aunt Natalie called me after Autumn was born and said "I can't wait for you to visit so I am going to come and visit you." I was really excited and looking forward to the visit. Then I found out that Sandy was going to join her on the road trip, and would be visiting my brother Travis and his new baby the same trip. They first stopped in Portland to visit them and then drove down to Utah to see us! They completely spoiled us and of course, Autumn spoiled them. So I suppose we are even.


They arrived late on Tuesday evening. We headed over to Cafe Rio because you can never go wrong with a pork salad! Nat couldn't get enough. Little did she know that Autumn is really strong and Nat had to grab her real tight so she wouldn't fall.


Sandy holding Autumn so I could finish eating.


Lots of smiles for her aunties! Just wait Autumn, you will understand the same love I have received over the years very soon!


Autumn at 3.5 months. She is getting so dang big!!! 


Beautiful "bluish" eyes. And chubby cheeks :) 


I like playing dress up. Cute little bows I got from one of my baby showers.



Autumn has a "half smile" just like my grandma Marge Kimball. That was one of the first things they noticed when they met her.


Meet your newest great niece!


On Wednesday morning we headed over to Thanksgiving Point Gardens and the aunts loved it! They took tons of pictures and took me out to lunch. I have a pass there so it was half off for them. Not bad!





Afterwards we hung out at home and watched the Olympics. They were pretty tired after a long day of walking so they went to their hotel room pretty early. But first Nat got Autumn to smile REALLY big and aunt Nat was lovin' it!



The next day we went swimming at their hotel. IT was so much fun Autumn finally fits into her American Flag swimsuit. Sorry it is so blurry. I phone pic.


Not sure how to get the volume.


After swimming we went to Sizzler and I overate with all you can eat shrimp and steak! I have been craving fried shrimp ever since I had Autumn. It was well worth it let me tell you! Autumn got really hungry half way through my meal (of course) so I headed back early and the aunts finished eating. When they came back they made me go and take a nap while they watched Autumn. So sweet and definitely needed! When I woke up my Aunt Nat went to the grocery store and filled up my fridge and cupboards with tons of groceries! It has been over a week and we still haven't had to go grocery shopping. Such a sweet and thoughtful thing for her to do.

Well, just when we thought we were way too spoiled, they spoiled us some more! They gave us money to get dinner and a movie! Hurray! I love date nights and we needed one. Just the two of us. No baby, just us. We love going to dinner and a movie and The Dark Night Rises happened to be one we were excited to see! We went out to Iggy's and since I was still so full from lunch I only ordered a smoothie and a salad, and Spence went to town with a burger and fries (of course). We had 5 minutes to run to the movie but we made it just in time. I must say, though, that I was very sad by the memory of the shooting in Colorado just weeks before. I was a little hesitant going to the movie, but I knew it was silly thinking anything like that could happen again in Utah. You just never know though! My sympathies to the families of all the victims. 


My aunts are big picture people as well (yay!). After they left I went and made copies of all the pictures and sent them to them in a frame with a thank you note telling them just how much their trip out to visit Autumn meant to us. We were so sad when they left but I am going home (to California) labor day weekend so we will unite shortly again! I love you guys. Thanks for making the trip out so amazingly wonderful!! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment