Pages

Saturday, January 24

My life the past couple weeks...

I started teaching at Joel P. Jensen Middle School this past week. Let me just say it is such a blessing. I enjoy teaching so much, and I'm so excited to get better at it. There is so much I have to learn! I'm the long-term substitute for the real teacher. She just had her baby this week. I teach 6 coed classes of PE and 6 classes of Health, every other day. It's a nice mix up--one day in the gym, the next I'm in the classroom. The school is very diverse and I have two ESL learners in my last two periods. I have never had the privelege? of teaching boys before. They make things very exciting/interesting and it's sometimes a bit challenging keeping 8th grade boys under control. It's weird to think I'm actually starting my career; doing something I actually like and went to college for :)

I'm living in Murray, Utah in a house. I haven't lived in a house since I was like seven years old. I get to park in the garage two weeks out of the month, which is extremely unique for me. I have three wonderful roommates: Stacey, Kira, and Carrie. We are all in different phases of life but we get along great. I am blessed to have good roommates, since last semester I struggled getting along with mine. The ward is very friendly. I still visit Provo regularly, in fact, before I started my job I was going down there everyday for work. I finished my job up at Independent Study after 3.5 years on Tuesday! It was actually pretty tough saying goodbye. One thing I've noticed about me: I like to keep things constant in my life. I lived at Raintree for 4 years, worked at IS for 3.5 years, and Provo for 5+ years. It's crazy to think that I finally moved away from Provo and I am now starting my "real" life. Whatever that means! I'm interested to see where life takes me from here. Sorry if this is boring--I kind of don't have a lot to say right now. Thanks for taking the time to read! I'll post some pics soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!! That's awesome that you're actually using your degree! haha. I'm glad you like your roommates this semester - I know it's difficult finding someone as wonderful as your first roommate... :) Congrats on starting your real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murray, huh? I'll be moving away from Provo at the end of Summer (if not sooner). How is the transition? What things do you miss. What things are you glad to be done with?

    ReplyDelete