So...in 2004, 2006, and 2007 I ran three half-marathon races in Moab, Utah. My friend Angelyn Bennion, who is ultra athletic and one of my good friends from BYU-Idaho, invited me to run it again this year. I had ultra plans to train vigorously and try hard to beat my time of 2 hours, but alas, I got SO busy with my teaching job (and so exhausted) that I've decided to switch to the 5-mile race instead. I was pretty bumbed, but I think a 5-mile race will be a lot of fun, too. I will re-dedicate myself to train for a half this summer and hopefully train for a FULL marathon for October. Anyway, I've been working out at the gym, at times during my PE classes ;), and playing lots of random sports during the week which will hopefully prepare me enough for the 5 mile race come March 21st. Here is the
website if you want to check it out. It is an AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, and FUN race!
This is a picture from the race in 2007. I went down with my good friends Justin, Brianna, Mauren, Erik, Susan, Paul, and BTAN. Miss you guys!
I think I'm going to train for a half marathon!!! (you've inspired me...) I haven't run in like...a year, though.
ReplyDeleteI'm FAMOUSLY on your blog!
ReplyDeleteYou totally posted about our 1/2 marathon! That really was a ton a fun. I loved everything about that Moab trip. Thank you from helping me remember "the good times."
Random memory: I have never seen seen so many port-o-potties in my life!
For a kick, visit:
http://bryantanner.blogspot.com/2008/07/celeb-encounter-2.html
I'll catch up on the rest later.
That was such a fun trip! We would love to do it again.
ReplyDeleteok! That'd be fun...when is it?
ReplyDelete