This past weekend we sojourned to the much anticipated weekend of Black and White Days in Richmond, Utah (again!) This is another Bagley tradition. Last year I couldn't go with Spencer because I was in California, so I was pretty stoked to go this year. This event has been going on for years and every year it seems to be getting smaller. The biggest event they have are the HORSE PULLS where two horses pull thousands of pounds of weight a specified amount of distance. It was really cool to watch. Back in Sonora they do "truck pulls" which are much different.
We drove up late Friday night to West Jordan and stayed the night. We again played basketball and played on the Wii until 1:00 in the morning. We left for Richmond at 8:00am the next morning. We made a pit stop in Logan to see Christie and Ben's new house and to help move a piano into their house. Pianos are VERY HEAVY! I'm glad there were lots of people to help move it because it 'aint easy!
Some of the horses getting ready for the horse pulls
Hay Bay bill throwing the hay for the hay throwing contest. Spencer nearly won!
We decided to get caricatures drawn of ourselves. So cute. They guy was really nice and the pictures don't look anything like us :) It was still fun!
Richard, Tyler, and James (cousins) climbing up the climbing wall. Richard dressed up in his cowboy attire. Just call him Clint Eastwood.
Michael and I participated in 3 rounds of "jousting". I got jousted off onto my keester 3 times. It was still fun but I was mad I lost to a 17 year old. Grrr.
After a few hours of festivities Spencer and I drove up to our FAVORITE place in Utah--High Creek. This is where Spencer and I decided to get married and where he would have proposed to me if it was closer to where we lived. It is so desolate and beautiful during the Spring and Summer. We always go hiking around it too while we're there and this time I ended up slipping and falling but it is part of the adventure! I had wet socks and shoes the rest of the day, but oh well! TO HIGH CREEK!
Right behind me is where I fell in. Yes, we did cross that river. And yes, I did shimmy my way up that log...My pants are almost ruined. But not QUITE. Some of our best times together is when we're out hiking in Utah.
The second best part of the day is the Black & White Days Parade. Legend has it that they pass out candy. We were no fools and some of us brought plastic bags to collect all the candy. We were like ants that just found a big piece of bread or something. Every time candy was thrown we'd dive into the street to get it. Spencer kept shoving the candy in my pants and said "that candy is going straight to your butt!" It literally was. We finally caught on and got a bag and started putting the candy IN the bag...thankfully!
The cow lady's
from left to right
Michelle, mad cow woman, Hope, and Nan
A pretty girl from the parade. We had the lovely opportunity of one of the horses leaving a big giant green surprise in front of where we were standing.
The crew
I'm pretty sure this group got the most candy because we were cheering the loudest!
I'm pretty sure this group got the most candy because we were cheering the loudest!
Me, Christie (sis-in-law), and Hope (cousin). They are just awesome and so fun to be with!
After the parade we made our way to the horse pulls. Buddy (our uncle) saved us seats for two hours so we got a pretty good view of everything.
Here we are at the horse pulls. It was SOOOO COLD!!!
We (me) ate lots of pickles, candy (from the parade), hot dogs, and sandwiches that day. TOO much probably.
We (me) ate lots of pickles, candy (from the parade), hot dogs, and sandwiches that day. TOO much probably.
The light weight horses. This event lasted from 7pm-10pm. The heavy weight division horses pulled 9,000 pounds! These horses are truly amazing!
Michael, Richard, and Christie looking all mischievous
Brad and Michelle--Michelle has the COOOOLEST outfits! All made possible through DI :)
Sadly, the night had to end. Spencer and I had the BEST time together that day. When we get to spend quality time together like this we grow so much closer and feel so happy.I really did marry my best friend and I got such a great family out of it! The drive home that night was torturous because we were SO tired. We got home at 1a.m and had early church the next morning.
We found out that Spencer got a new calling! He is the teacher's quorum adviser and is also a scout leader on Tuesday nights. He's really excited because he LOVES to work with the youth. I know he'll do a great job because he's such a great teacher.
I'm so excited to go back to Black and White days again next year. Thanks again Richmond for providing such a fun-filled weekend!
Looks like a ton of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteYou make me miss Logan, and I only spent a year there. I really did love it, though. I think reading this made miss Montana, too. Arizona is just so different. But there are benefits to living here. (What are they again?)
ReplyDelete