Canoeing Trip and Bon Fire in the Canyon
Originally we planned to go down to Southern Utah at the end of the semester with our dinner club friends. Unfortunately the weather did NOT cooperate, so we made do with the great outdoors of Provo. The time was 3:00p.m., the day was Saturday. We met up with Katelyn, Trevor, Christain, and Stephanie and went canoeing down the Provo River and even made our way down to parts of Utah Lake. We had so much fun enjoying the sun and the calm river. Provo is beautiful during the Spring time, especially the water and trees down by the lake!
Our adventure started at C.L.A.S. Ropes Course down Center Street and ended up past Vivian Park with a bonfire and tin foil dinners.
Christian, Stephanie, and in the back, Katelyn and Trevor
Onward!
The canoe ride was interesting because Spencer and I paddled a three man canoe (so it was slower than everyone else). I ended up getting wet because Spencer wanted to swing on the rope swing. He turned into a wrecking ball and knocked me back to the bottom of the canoe where all the water was! It was a blast. We had fun running into each others' boats and racing down to the lake. If you haven't ever been canoeing it's a great deal. Only $12 for every two people.
Trevor and Katelyn. They should be models don't you think?
After the canoe ride we made our way up to the canyon for a bon fire. It was FREEZING at first but eventually with the raging fire we had it warmed up pretty quickly. We brought some wood but by the end of the night other people brought doors to burn. Yes, doors. They broke them into pieces and put them on the fire. We had the biggest fire at the park. Even people from other camps were coming over and asking to stand by our fire because it was so big.
KATELYN AND TREVOR ORGANIZED AND PLANNED A LOT OF THIS. THEY ARE SO AWESOME AND WE'LL MISS THEM IN COLORADO THIS SUMMER!
THESE GUYS ARE THE BEST. SO MUCH FUN TO BE WITH. STEPHANIE HAD FUN TIMES LAUGHING ABOUT OLD PROFESSORS WE HAD IN COLLEGE THAT HAD FUNNY TICKS.
HERE'S JES AND HIS DATE. SHE WAS SO MUCH FUN! A COUPLE OTHER PEOPLE JOINED US FROM FRESNO THAT NIGHT. THEY WERE THE ONES WHO BROUGHT THE DOORS TO BURN!
ME AND MY CUTE HUSBAND! WE LOVE SPENDING TIME TOGETHER IN NATURE. IT'S OUR FAVORITE THING TO DO TOGETHER. YOU CAN SEE THE KETTLE KORN POPCORN BELOW THAT GOT BURNED TO A CRISP!
That looks like a ton of fun! Being pregnant is good. (for the most part...) Ha ha, just kidding I am doing really good and quite love being pregnant. :) Thanks for asking. :)
ReplyDeleteJulie! Look! I'm commenting on your blog now. I'll sell you some jam. We've got plenty, and I think one of them has your name on it... I'm working at Freedom Academy right now. I've done part time this year, but I got offered a full time position for next year. I'm excited about that! We should get together and share ideas, I would love that!!! What's your email address. it would also be fun to have you guys over for dinner and games sometime
ReplyDeleteYay! That was such a fun day. Thanks for posting the pics!
ReplyDelete