Pages

Friday, May 21

my testimony

This past week we had family home evening  with some of our friends and it really got me thinking about the gospel and how much I miss having regular family home evenings when I wan in college. I religiously went to fhe nearly every week and I know my testimony grew because of it. Spencer and I have decided to start doing fhe every week because it felt so good to do it and we know since the prophets have told us to do it, we probably should! With that being said I just want to tell my heavenly father how much I love him. How much I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and how much my life is fulfilled knowing that I can always get down on my knees and ask him for love, guidance, forgiveness, strength, and anything else that is on my mind. It is my Savior who truly understands me--my likes, dislikes, fears, talents, shortcomings, sense of humor, etc. If this is the case I wonder why I am not on my knees more often. I love reading the scriptures and feeling the spirit when I take the sacrament. I love knowing that I have an eternal family who loves me and is always going to be there for me. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet who restored the church to the earth, and I'm very thankful for our current prophet--Thomas S. Monson--who is inspired and a true messenger from our father in heaven. I'm also very thankful for the temple. Ever since I went to the temple with my sweet husband and I have fallen in love with the ordinances performed there. It is the most beautiful, peaceful, hopeful place I have ever been in. 



With that being said, I was wondering if anyone would ever like to come over on a Monday night to have family home evening with us. If we have people do it with us then I know we will really do it! Any takers?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! And I so wish we were there to come have Family Home Evening with you!! Also, congrats on the St. George Marathon and good luck! Can't wait to hear more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We would love to! I was recently thinking how we can improve our FHE's and it would be so fun to share it with you guys! Let me know what Monday works best :)

    ReplyDelete