I began the week really looking forward to it being Thursday. Now I'm starting to get really sad that this is my last week at Timpanogos (for this year). It is only Tuesday and I'm thinking the next two days are going to FLY by. I am planning on going back next year but I am having a hard time saying goodbye to the kids for the summer. Today my third grade class (that is usually a difficult class to manage) said they are going to miss me and that I made PE fun. A kindergartner said I'm the best coach in the whole world! I said "I'm the only PE teacher you've ever had, but thanks!" I really have fallen for these kids. They are so full of energy, love, sometimes anger, but mostly they just want to have fun and feel respected. I never thought I would like being an elementary school teacher but now I feel like I never want to change grades. I am starting to feel closer to the teachers. Today we had a kickball tournament. Teachers vs. 6th grade. We kicked their trash! 39-9. I played first base and made a bunch of outs. A couple of the teachers kicked the ball almost over the fence! Man, this last week is so fun! Today we played parachute and tug-of-war with my classes. They LOVE those activities.
RADkids is also over this week. I have learned a lot about teaching and in general just how to teach the subject. We had our simulation night last Tuesday and it went REALLY well! We had a lot of parents come out and we even had some parents volunteer to go through training to help me teach it next year. What a bonus!
I can't believe my second year of teaching is almost over. It seems like just yesterday I graduated from BYU and started my long-term sub job in Salt Lake. My have things changed in just over a year. Anyway, cheers to a great year of teaching!
Thats a really good thing! I you miss your kids already you must have really enjoyed teaching. I'm glad you had so much fun! I'll bet those kids love you. Enjoy your summer though-it will be over before you know it! Any fun plans? :)
ReplyDelete