Our date nights (we have decided) are going to be on Thursday nights. We got out of the habit for a while and we really wanted to start again! So Spencer planned for us to go and hike the Y. It's fun, cheap, and a great workout! Training for my half marathon has gotten me into better shape then I thought, which made me happy when I was climbing those big hills!
The Y is special to us because on our second date a year ago this is where we really started to like each other...and don't tell anyone, but this is the first place we held hands! We had so much fun hiking it again and trying to remember how everything went the first time. It's hard to remember all the little details which is why it's so important for me to keep a journal! After our date we took a drive down to the place I used to work for 3 years while at BYU. It was so fun telling Spencer about my college life and all the places in Provo that I used to live, etc. You can see so much from up high on the mountain!
The same spot we held hands for the first time! We spent a good hour up there talking, planning, and just catching up from a busy week. For us it's really important to go back to the basics and remember how you fell in love all over again!
The view from here is incredible. I love Utah Lake!
At the end of our hike. It sure gets dark fast!
Hopefully I'll have some more Thursday date nights to post later!
So fun! I need to go hike that again.
ReplyDelete