So right now I'm supposed to be filling out a job application for a second interview at a brand new charter school, but the task is tedious and I just wanted to write some things down to clear my head! This past week has been absolutely crazy but really neat at the same time. Spencer and I are doing really great. We tell each other almost every day how much closer we feel we grow together every week. I love it! He is working hard at the gravel pit and loving it. I went to his work the other night for a luau party and I was able to ride one of the loaders. Those things are so big and hard to drive but it was really fun. I picked up a big load of dirt and then dropped it. I felt cool.
Our carpet situation has gotten worse! Currently our house is full of a huge humidifier, 3 enormous fans, and our carpet is completely torn apart. We had to move all of the furniture out of the living room and put it in our room and the kitchen. So we've been staying the night at the Bagley's the past couple days. The fans will be gone tomorrow but then our wall is going to get torn down to get rid of all the mold that has been building up for who knows how long! Needless to say it is terribly inconvenient. They said the whole project will take about 3-5 weeks to complete! I'm asking our landlords for a rent discount. Doesn't that seem reasonable? The good news is that we might get some new carpet!
In other news I started my ballroom/teambuilding class this week. I was really nervous and worried about it last week but today I feel confident and excited. I have people helping me with the dance part and the team building aspect of the class is super fun and the kids seem to really enjoy it! It is good for me to be out there teaching a class again. I am gaining ideas for my pe classes as well which will start up in the fall. I am currently on campus at BYU. I haven't been here in about over a year and as soon as I walked on campus I started to get super nostalgic and missed all my good and fun times I had as a student here. I LOVE BYU!!! It will always be a big part of me. Today I bought a BYU Alumni license plate cover and I know Spencer will hate it but oh well! Haha. Luckily he won't be driving that car very much. He's more of a Utah State fun. But oh well, what can you do right? My half marathon is on Saturday morning at 5:30am. Yes. That's. Right. 5:30! So early. But at least I'll be done early :) Marci and I are getting excited and nervous together but it should be a fun day. Anywho...I'm proud if you made it all the way through this post. Have a great weekend everybody! Sorry there are no pictures this time.
That is pretty busy, but I'm glad that things are going well.
ReplyDelete