Early, wet, and rainy!
It was a fabulous day though. I didn't think I would like running in the rain but it actually felt very nice. I felt good during most of the race and I finished in a pretty good time! We started the race up Provo canyon at Vivian Park and ended at Provo Town Centre Mall. The canyon is SO beautiful this time of year...lush and green is all I can describe it as. Every 2 miles they had water/powerade stops which was great! I had to wear my new slicker (isn't that an old term)? and long running pants because of the cold! Marci and I had such a blast running together. She was a great pacer for me the whole race! I am excited to keep running and continue my training for the St. George Marathon in October but I still have A LOT of work to do!My legs are still really sore and yesterday I could barely walk. But it was all worth it.
This is us at about mile 9.
Here we are post-race. We look happy but we could barely move! I love how we got a nice shot of the port-a-potties hehe. The last couple miles was the hardest, especially when you can see the finish line but it takes a long time to get there!
The man of the hour. He was SO SWEET! He woke up at 5am and waited over an hour for us to come by running on University Avenue. It was nice to see my handsome husband being so supportive and cheering me on. He was also there at the finish line to take pictures of us. After the race he had to go work at the gravel pit while I went home and took a good long nap. I feel so lucky to have him support me through all of this! Thanks so much Spencer. I love you!!!
The finish line at Provo Towne Center mall. There were lots of people and lots of food including pizza and french fries from Red Robin. We didn't get our t-shirts though! I guess they are going to mail them to us in a couple weeks. I thought that was so retarded because they said we would get them at the finish line. At least we got medals!
So excited! Go Marci you did so awesome!
Up next: more date nights and our trip to St. George!
We did it! I love this memory. I'll never forget my first half-marathon with you Julie. Thanks for being the coolest running buddy! I love our happy-pained faces, oh and our new running outfits. Smokin'!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie you rock!! I'm tempted to run one myself! Love reading about your life. Good luck w St George marathon!
ReplyDelete