Cinco dias in St. George, Utah!!
Here is our itinerary
Thursday: drive down to St. George, go grocery shopping for the weekend, unpack, sleep in!
Friday: go on a job (gotta keep the training up!), St. George Temple, random cool hiking place at night, Iceberg, lots of board games: 21, Blokus, and Carcazzone!
Saturday: Red Cliffs Recreation Site (all day!), dinner at Outback Steakhouse, movie
Sunday: lazy day, sacrament meeting, cooking, light bike ride
Monday: Sand Hollow Recreation Site, cliff diving, sunburns, clean up and drive home!
We had the best time with all of our activities! We stayed at our generous grandparent's house off of St. George Blvd. It was a really nice, relaxing, and fun vacation weekend which I think we all needed. I had just finished teaching and everyone else just needed a vacation to break up the summer work load. A goal we all have is to attend all the different temples in Utah this year so this weekend's main purpose was to attend the temple. I talked about that amazing experience in a previous post. You can look at that here.
The weather in St. George was perfect...it was nice to be in the SUN again!!
below: Michael and Spencer (right before we went to the temple)
Some random recreation site we went to. The time was around civil twilight. It was fun exploring--we even found this cool cave where Indians used to live. Hazzaa!!
A tight claustrophobic space. If you know me, you know I'm claustrophobic. But I sucked it up and went all the way through anyway. Even with a big bump on my head from a rock I couldn't see. hehehe.
Jackie Gerber. She's so awesome she climbed all the way up this on her own.
We killed him!
OMG Michael you are soooo high off the ground!
Seconds after this they fell and did like three back flips. That's how cool they really are.
Note to self: Only get one milkshake from iceberg and share. They are ginormous. Oh and don't go into the bathroom...it stinks!
Red Cliffs Recreation Site (day 3). We found some guys that already had their ropes ready for rapelling. So we joined in on the fun! I hadn't been rapelling for like 3 years so it felt great to be doing it again!
The guys that let us used their ropes were going face forward. Michael tried it and didn't die, so maybe I'll do it next time I go :) Maybe
Making sure I don't die at the end. So thoughtful.
Our grandparents have some really fun road/town country bikes. Spence and I like to go riding on the trail at night because it goes along the river.
Dusk in St. George is one of my favorite times of the day.
The red rock reflecting off the sun is absolutely incredible. Southern Utah has always been my favorite place since a trip I took there about 5 summers ago.
This night was one of the only times we had to ourselves the whole weekend so we really enjoyed it just with the two of us. Talking, laughing, having a gay ol' time ;)
On the last day we went to Sand Hollow Recreation Site. A lot of cliff diving and jumping went on that day. This place is kind of Lake Powell but a little smaller. We got some pretty great sunburns that weekend and loved every minute of St. George. And of course, we can not wait to go again!! Our next trip planned will be in October for the Marathon. But I have a feeling we'll be there before then...if we're lucky!
looks like a lot of fun! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat loods like so so much fun. You are always doing fun things!
ReplyDelete