A few days ago for date night we drove a few miles up American Fork Canyon to Silver Lake Flat. I went to the lake above this one a couple years ago and I wanted to show Spencer since it's so beautiful! By the time we got to the lower lake, however, it was too cold and too late to hike the 2 miles up to the next lake. We had a great time anyway. If you want a great hike idea and want to go swimming while you are at it then go to Silver Lake!!
Side note: I failed to remember that the road up to this is not suitable for a 2 door hatchback! Last time we came up here was in Jed Sybrowsky's Jeep which handles this type of terrain a bit better!
The trail head for the real Silver Lake. The trail is beautiful and a great work out. Make sure to go early enough because it is all downhill on the way back and very dark!!
No comments:
Post a Comment